Sugar Engineering division of the institute is involved in teaching , research and advisory to the sugar and allied industry.
It renders necessary asistance for devloping co-generation units through the cogen cell constituted for the purpose.
The Division is involved in the following activities;-
- Teaching Engineering subjects to the students of various courses.
- Conducting seminars, workshops, training programs and refresher courses etc. in the country and overseas.
- Consultancy Services in the areas relating to setting up of new sugar plants, distilleries,cogen units and waste water treatment plants.
The division also provides solutions for waste heat recovery, energy conservation, fuel-steam-power balance and on improving the technical efficiency of milling, steam and power generation units etc.
- The Sugar Engineering division also extends services for human resource devlopment and related activities.
- Rendering services for quality assurance, pre despatch inspection and supervision of erection and commisioning work.
Ongoing Reasearch Projects
- Modification in the Lotus Roll Design
- Optimization of captive power consumption in sugar plants
Completed Research Projects
- Bagasse drying
- Comparision of Conventional milling vs. Diffusion vs. Trash plateless milling
More than 50 papers and reviews have been published by the
department during the last decade in National and International Journals of repute.