The Division renders technical advice to sugar and allied industries on all technical matters including issues relating to
rehabilation of sick units, setting of new plants and
on various problems such as cane management,
fuel-steam, power balancing, improvement in recovery, reducing sugar losses, improvement in sugar quality, storage of sugar, energy and water conservation etc .
The extension services division was established in 1959 for assisting the sugar industry to advice on expension and balancing on exicting plants ,
integrating them with other units and
for improving the technical efficiencies of the sugar industry.
The activities of this division include:
Some of the services provided by extension department are-
- General checkup
- Milling performance checkup survey
- Fuel and steam economy checkup
- Modernization cum expansion and balancing
- Modification of steam vapour and juice pipe lines
- Preparation of technical feasibility reports and technical appraisal reports
- Report on capacity expansion.
- Report on fuel-steam-power balancing and co-generation projects.
- Reduction in losses of sugar in bagasse, filter cake and molasses.
- Improvement in quality of sugar and recovery.
- Increase in crushing rate.
- Balancing of fuel and steam.
- Design of equipment and machinery.
The Extension Service Division consists of Professors in Sugar Technology, Chemical Engineering and Sugar Engineering under whose guidance the officers and staff carry out the above activities.
In addition to the staff listed below, the services of the all technical personal of the institute are
available for the benefit of sugar industry on advisory basis.